Auto Key Programming
Transponders are tricky bits of equipment which are infamously pricey to repair at car dealerships. Employing an auto locksmith to repair your transponder is undoubtedly a much quicker and affordable alternative. Our experts have the ability to configure brand-new vehicle keys, erase information from old ones which may have been stolen, and even add brand-new car keys to the vehicle’s system if you desire spare keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
Our staff realize that you might not be very conversant with the most up-to-date vehicle technological advances. That’s why we try to clarify these things for you so that you know the issue you are facing.
A transponder key is like your regular car key EXCEPT that it features a tiny high-tech chip inside it which increases the safety and security of the vehicle. Every chip in each vehicle key will have a particular identification number designated and programmed in it from the time it was manufactured. The transponder key syncs with the receiver in the ignition of the vehicle so as to function. The moment you go towards the vehicle and trigger the transponder key, the receiver matches the serial number and only if it is an exact match, will the vehicle unlock automatically.
The Downside Of A Transponder Key
Being very highly specialized in auto locksmith emergency situations, we must tell you that this security feature is on occasion a double-edged sword. This is due to the fact that if any part of your transponder key does not function, the ignition will not fire, and you are left stranded with your car.
Illustrations Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can become scrambled by others and may all of a sudden cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These types of situations are unbelievably annoying and will need professional help.
– In the event that you lose or damage your transponder then it’ll be necessary to reprogram a new key to sync with your car.
– Sometimes something illogical might happen to your vehicle; lights will flash, the alarm system will sound, the steering wheel may well lock or maybe the car will not start. Generally this is because of a problem with the transponder and ECU.
London Auto Locksmiths have the specialist practical knowledge and technology required in order to resolve these issues for you wherever you may be stranded. Many roadside recovery firms don’t own these tools and won’t have the capacity to assist you. If something like this occurs, it’s important to consult an auto locksmith first for advice, before telephoning anyone else. If you phone our ROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer service line, our staff ensure that a technician will be with you quickly to look at the problem and get you on your way as swiftly as possible. Speed is our strength, so look no further, call us on 0333 772 0769
We provide the following services at considerably reasonable rates:
– Replacement of lost transponder keys
– Repair of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key copying options
– Key programming on-board
– Synchronizing of transponder key chip.
So if ever you’re suffering from a transponder problem, don’t question getting in touch with our specialist team. We leave no stone unturned in order to arrive at an effective resolution by applying our specialist vehicle key programming strategies.