Auto Key Programming
Transponders are complicated bits of kit which are infamously pricey to repair at car dealerships. Employing an auto locksmith to repair your transponder is really a much quicker and affordable choice. Our team are able to program brand-new car keys, erase information from older ones which may have been snatched, and even add brand-new car keys to the car’s system if you would like spare keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
Our team realize that you might not be extremely conversant with the most up-to-date car technology. That’s why we try to demystify things for you to make sure that you understand the issue you are experiencing.
A transponder key is similar to your run of the mill car key EXCEPT that it features a very small state-of-the-art electronic chip inside it which upgrades the security of the vehicle. Every electronic chip in each car key will feature a specified identification number appointed and configured in it from the moment it was manufactured. The transponder key syncs with the receiver in the ignition of the car for it to work. Whenever you go towards the car and trigger the transponder key, the receiver matches the unique number and only if it is an exact match, will the car unlock automatically.
The Disadvantage Of A Transponder Key
By being very highly specialized in auto lock emergency situations, we must break the news to you that this safety element is at times a double-edged sword. This is due to the fact that if any element of your transponder key does not work, the ignition will not fire, and you are left stranded with your vehicle.
Scenarios Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can get scrambled by other transponders and may all of a sudden cease to work or set off an immobilizer. These scenarios can be very aggravating and call for professional help.
– If ever you lose or damage your transponder then it’ll be necessary to reprogram a blank key to pair with your vehicle.
– On occasion something bizarre might happen to your car; lights will blink, the alarm will sound, the steering wheel may well lock or the car just won’t start. Generally this is due to an issue with the transponder and ECU.
London Auto Locksmiths have the expert practical knowledge and technology required in order to fix these problems for you wherever you may be stranded. A number of roadside recovery firms don’t carry this equipment and won’t be able to assist you. In the event something such as this occurs, it’s a good idea to consult with an auto locksmith first for guidance, prior to telephoning anyone else. If you call our AROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer service line, our staff guarantee that a technician will be with you quickly to look at the matter and have you on your way as quickly as possible. Speed is our strength, so look no further, call us on 0333 772 0769
We offer the following services at really competitive rates:
– Replacement of misplaced transponder keys
– Repair of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key duplication methods
– Key coding on-board
– Syncing of transponder key electronic chip.
And so, if ever you’re experiencing a transponder problem, don’t delay in calling our professional team. We leave no stone unturned in order to arrive at a working solution utilizing our professional car key programming strategies.