Auto Key Programming
Transponders are complicated bits of kit which are infamously pricey to repair at car dealerships. Choosing an auto locksmith to repair your transponder is definitely a much quicker and less costly choice. Our team are able to program brand-new car keys, erase information from older ones which may have been stolen, and even add brand-new car keys to the car’s system if you would like spare keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
Our team realize that you might not be extremely conversant with the most up-to-date car technology. That’s why we try to clarify things for you to make sure that you understand the issue you are experiencing.
A transponder key is similar to your typical car key EXCEPT that it features a very small state-of-the-art electronic chip inside it which boosts the security of the vehicle. Every electronic chip in each car key will have a specified identification number appointed and configured in it from the time it was manufactured. The transponder key syncs with the receiver in the ignition of the car in order to function. Whenever you come close to the car and trigger the transponder key, the receiver matches the unique number and only if it is an exact match, will the car unlock automatically.
The Disadvantage Of A Transponder Key
By being very highly specialized in auto lock emergency situations, we must break the news to you that this safety element is at times a double-edged sword. This is due to the fact that if any aspect of your transponder key does not function, the ignition won’t fire, and you are left stranded with your car.
Examples Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can get scrambled by other transponders and may all of a sudden cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These scenarios can be very aggravating and call for professional help.
– If ever you lose or damage your transponder then it’ll be necessary to reprogram a blank key to pair with your car.
– On occasion something bizarre might happen to your car; lights will flash, the alarm will sound, the steering wheel may well lock or the car just won’t start. Commonly this is because of an issue with the transponder and ECU.
London Auto Locksmiths have the expert knowledge and technology required in order to address these problems for you wherever you may be stranded. A number of roadside recovery companies don’t carry this equipment and won’t be able to assist you. If something such as this occurs, it’s wise to consult with an auto locksmith first for guidance, prior to telephoning anyone else. If you phone our AROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer service line, our staff guarantee that a technician will be with you quickly to look at the problem and have you on your way asap. Speed is our strength, so look no further, call us on 0333 772 0769
We offer the following services at really competitive rates:
– Replacement of misplaced transponder keys
– Repair of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key copying methods
– Key programming on-board
– Synchronizing of transponder key electronic chip.
And so, if ever you’re experiencing a transponder problem, don’t delay in getting in touch with our professional team. We leave no stone unturned in order to arrive at a working solution by applying our professional car key programming strategies.