Auto Key Programming
Transponders are complicated bits of kit which are infamously pricey to repair at car dealerships. Choosing an auto locksmith to repair your transponder is undoubtedly a much quicker and affordable choice. Our experts have the ability to program brand-new vehicle keys, erase information from old ones which may have been snatched, and even add brand-new car keys to the vehicle’s system if you desire spare keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
Our staff realize that you might not be very conversant with the most up-to-date vehicle technology. That’s why we try to demystify these things for you to make sure that you know the problem you are facing.
A transponder key resembles your run of the mill car key EXCEPT that it features a tiny high-tech chip inside it which increases the safety and security of the vehicle. Every chip in each vehicle key will have a particular identification number designated and configured in it from the time it was manufactured. The transponder key syncs with the receiver in the ignition of the vehicle so as to function. Whenever you go towards the vehicle and trigger the transponder key, the receiver matches the serial number and only if it is a perfect match, will the vehicle unlock automatically.
The Downside Of A Transponder Key
Being very highly specialized in auto locksmith emergency situations, we must tell you that this safety feature is at times a double-edged sword. Why? Because if any part of your transponder key does not function, the ignition won’t fire, and you are left stranded with your car.
Illustrations Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can get scrambled by others and may all of a sudden cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These situations are unbelievably frustrating and will need professional help.
– In the event that you misplace or damage your transponder then it’ll be necessary to reprogram a new key to sync with your car.
– Sometimes something illogical might happen to your vehicle; lights will flash, the alarm will sound, the steering wheel may well lock or maybe the car will not start. Commonly this is because of a problem with the transponder and ECU.
London Auto Locksmiths have the specialist practical knowledge and technology required in order to resolve these issues for you wherever you may be stranded. Many roadside recovery firms do not own this equipment and won’t be able to assist you. If something like this occurs, it’s wise to consult an auto locksmith first for advice, prior to telephoning anyone else. If you phone our ROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer service line, our staff guarantee that a technician will be with you quickly to look at the problem and get you on your way as swiftly as possible. Speed is our strength, so look no further, call us on 0333 772 0769
We provide the following services at considerably reasonable prices:
– Replacement of lost transponder keys
– Repair of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key copying options
– Key programming on-board
– Syncing of transponder key chip.
So if ever you’re encountering a transponder problem, do not question getting in touch with our specialist team. We leave no stone unturned in order to arrive at an effective resolution by applying our specialist vehicle key programming strategies.