Auto Key Programming
Transponders are tricky bits of kit which are infamously pricey to repair at car dealerships. Choosing an auto locksmith to repair your transponder is undoubtedly a much quicker and affordable choice. Our experts have the ability to program brand-new vehicle keys, erase information from older ones which may have been stolen, and even add brand-new car keys to the vehicle’s system if you desire spare keys.
What Is A Transponder Key?
Our staff realize that you may not be very conversant with the most up-to-date vehicle technology. That’s why we try to demystify these things for you to make sure that you know the problem you are facing.
A transponder key is similar to your run of the mill car key EXCEPT that it features a tiny high-tech chip inside it which upgrades the safety and security of the vehicle. Every chip in each vehicle key will have a particular identification number assigned and configured in it from the time it was manufactured. The transponder key syncs with the receiver in the ignition of the vehicle in order to function. Whenever you go towards the vehicle and trigger the transponder key, the receiver matches the serial number and only if it is a perfect match, will the vehicle unlock automatically.
The Disadvantage Of A Transponder Key
Being very highly specialized in auto locksmith emergency situations, we have to tell you that this safety feature is at times a double-edged sword. Why? Because if any part of your transponder key does not function, the ignition won’t fire, and you are left stranded with your car.
Illustrations Of Transponder Issues
– Transponders can get scrambled by others and may all of a sudden cease to work or trigger an immobilizer. These situations can be unbelievably frustrating and demand professional help.
– In the event that you lose or damage your transponder then it’ll be necessary to reprogram a new key to pair with your car.
– On occasion something illogical may happen to your vehicle; lights will flash, the alarm system will sound, the steering wheel may well lock or perhaps the car will not start. Commonly this is because of a problem with the transponder and ECU.
London Auto Locksmiths have the specialist practical knowledge and technology required in order to repair these problems for you wherever you may be stranded. Many roadside recovery firms do not own this equipment and won’t be able to assist you. If something like this occurs, it’s wise to consult an auto locksmith first for advice, prior to phoning anyone else. If you phone our ROUND-THE-CLOCK emergency customer service line, our staff guarantee that a service technician will be with you quickly to look at the problem and have you on your way asap. Speed is our strength, so look no more, call us on 0333 772 0769
We provide the following services at highly reasonable prices:
– Replacement of lost transponder keys
– Fixing of damaged or broken transponder keys
– Transponder key copying methods
– Key programming on-board
– Syncing of transponder key chip.
So if ever you’re encountering a transponder problem, do not question getting in touch with our specialist team. We leave no stone unturned in order to arrive at an effective resolution by applying our specialist vehicle key programming methods.